The Greater Lake Palestine Council (GLPC) is a non-profit association founded in 1998 dedicated to serving East Texas constituents who represent... ... Homeowner Associations ... Property Owner Associations ... Businesses ... Neighborhood Watches ... Individuals
The general areas served include the counties of Anderson, Cherokee, Henderson, Smith, and Van Zandt whose members' properties are near Callender Lake, Cedar Creek Lake, and Lake Palestine.
The GLPC 2018 Annual BBQ will be held on September 29th at the Westlake Baptist Church Fellowship Hall.
Our "Meet, greet and eat" event will begin at 11 AM.
The Council's Purpose and Goals
Our purpose is to protect and enhance property desirability and owner enjoyment.
Our goals are simple:
To serve as a focal point for consideration of common issues To coordinate actions in support of the common issues
To achieve our goals, the Council will:
1) inform and educate residents of the Greater Lake Palestine and Member Group Areas on issues and actions ongoing or planned that effect their well being, whether the issues or actions are initiated by public or private organizations.
2) maintain organized opposition to the encroachment of crime and drugs in our areas.
3) do everything in its power to maintain and/or improve the environment and safeguard its resources. 4) support the individual needs of member owner association and neighborhood watches to present a consensus of their interest on issues, but not intercede, interfere, nor intervene in their affairs.
5) pursue legislation for local standards and zoning regulations that effect rural areas and communities around the lake Palestine, Callender Lake, and Cedar Creek Lake.
6) interact with state, county, and municipal, and local elected officials to support the goals of the GLPC membership.
Join the GLPC Board
Help us get the word out about anything and everything that affects Home Owner Association (HOA) living in East Texas. We are seeking candidates for the 10 member GLPC Board of Directors. If you have something to say, or just want to get involved, click on “Contact Us” and let us know.
Become A Member
If you are already a member of an HOA/POA in Anderson, Cherokee, Henderson, Smith or Van Zandt Counties, help us get the word out about anything and everything that affects Home Owner Association (HOA) living in East Texas. If you are having a problem, then other HOA’s could possibly be having or have had, and already resolved, the same problem. If you are not a member and are interested in becoming a member, simply click on the “BECOME A MEMBER” block and join. If you have something to say, or just want to get involved, click on “Contact Us” and let us know what your concerns may be. The GLPC is always looking for “new faces” on our Board. If this is something you might be interested in, just let us know.
Everyday millions of people are defrauded by unscrupulous individuals
with schemes to obtain your personal information. Senior citizens are PRIME
targets. These individuals are very clever and convincing. Phone call and
e-mail SCAMs are probably the most common. Please be ALERT.
For a list of scams to watch out for, CLICK HERE. To view scams related to this Tax Season, CLICK HERE.
Now it is easier than ever for GLPC Members to stay current with laws and regulations that affect your "pursuit of happiness" in East Texas.
All active Members enjoy GLPC sponsored programs regarding: ... Neighborhood crime prevention ... Game Warden responsibilities and authority ... Lake Palestine water demands and Ft Worth pipeline project ... Senator Nichols presentation on administering Texas water fund ... Texas Dept of Transportation road projects.
Users may access our website to provide feedback on how we can improve the website, our meetings, and our programs. The interactive question and answer section can be used to inquire about membership, or ask any questions you might have.
There are a number of matters that are important to each of our homeowner associations. Working together at a local and state level further enhances our ability to be heard and have an impact on our environment here in East Texas.
Thank you for your continued involvement and support of the GLPC.
Gary Dennis, President
Legal Issues Affecting Texas Homeowners Attorney Sean Healy Outline 1/27/2018